DFW

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier"

15 March 2011

How for to make spell the name of the guy

I have seen Muammar or Moammar. I have seen Gaddafi, Khadafi, Gadhafi, Qaddafi, el-Gaddafi, al-Gaddafi, el-Khadafi, and I think others that I can't even remember.

So?

Interesting stuff

Also for a while the NY Times couldn't figure out how to spell "protester," which I know was causing my former University of Richmond journalism professors some indigestion. Looks like they pretty much have it sorted out by now, though.

And if you really want to be a total grammar snoot (or snootlet, per DFW, for the very young nerds) just head over to ESPN.com. Make sure to be alone in a dark room while you laugh because no one else is going to care. Except me, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment