DFW

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier"

24 August 2010

ODaD: "the percussion just raped my mind"

The above youtube comment sounds violent and unpleasant, but I promise you Chris Ward's drumming is definitely not the latter. Though I suppose if you'd stood where this cameraperson was standing you'd probably feel like yer mind had just been R'd:



Chris Ward is the bespectacled, bearded man in Pattern Is Movement and is probably tired of being referred to as such, but it's Tuesday and my own personal mind has been getting R'd all day with end of the month work stuff so...alright you don't care, I don't care, I'll stop.

Chris is a phenomenal, powerhouse drummer with the feel of a gazelle in its prime. Or maybe an impala, I think I saw one of those on a Planet Earth re-run the other night. It didn't get away from the lion. And Chris was the lion. Wait. Ok, another video!



That most youtube comments about these guys fall somewhere along the lines of "drummer is sick" or "man, drummer is a beast" should not be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment