DFW

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier"

08 November 2012

Back, Jack

Ohhhhhh yes, the blog. Back here for a little dance, I am.

Still writing and writing the ol' Novel, which now has a title: Last Night with the Holy Ghost. Should be ready to post a short excerpt from the first draft soon.

My newest band The Most Americans have just about finished recording our first album, and we just released two tracks mixed by Pretty & Nice's Jeremy Mendicino. You can stream and/or download for free on either our Bandcamp or Soundcloud pages. We'll be at O'Briens in Allston, MA Friday Nov. 16--dig it!

Pretty & Nice also just released a new EP called US YOU ALL WE and it's got my drumming DNA, and even a little vocal appearance, all over it. That above link will take you to iTunes, or you can get the vinyl, or a cassette, or go ahead and stream it at Spotify or Rdio. Look out for a full length LP sometime early next year. I made an adult decision and got myself a full-time job at a hospital this past July, which I'm very much enjoying, but it bittersweetly means I'm not P&N's touring drum-man anymore. But hey, that's life. You make strong decisions and don't regret them because regret is a little thing I like to call fucking poison.

I'm also reading Infinite Jest for the second time and it's even more remarkable this time around. If you're reading it, make sure to avoid the people who ask, "Oh, I've heard of that but is it actually any good?" I dunno man, why don't you calm down and just READ.

 THIS, though, is just incredible.

Next up after IJ is J. Robert Lennon's new book Familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment