DFW

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier"

08 March 2012

P&N Week 2: kevin becomes a real boy

The long, slow haul back across the country is now in full swing. Let's just say I had an equally awesome and rough time last night, though certainly I've had worse evenings! This time it was a very nice bartender in Tucson and several free glasses of wine and whiskey that eventually added up to Jeremy needing to pull the van over so I could have a detailed look at the beautiful Arizona vegetation by moonlight. It's possible I sat in a cactus.

Anyway, I'm all set now after a solid night's sleep, coffee, and ibuprofen. The wonders of our universe, folks. So let's see, after SF I got to hang with my good friend from Boston Big Mike, aka Miguel Grande, aka Le Grand Michel, who is one of the world's greatest living humans. Then Jeremy and I crashed at our buddy Moy's excellent pad in the Mission, where he treated us to grapes the sizes of plums and other assorted veggies. Sunday's show at the Troubadour in LA sold out and was totally surreal, easily one of the coolest shows I've ever played; plus afterward I got to hang with my amazing LA friend Cori, then for Miniature Tigers' encore a bunch of us swarmed the stage, thundered along on extra drums and my brain exploded. We had a day off Monday, which we spent eating In N Out and appreciating hotel pools & hot tubs thanks to lovely generous friends. At some point Holden passed out on my lap.

San Diego was strange and wonderful; we randomly met a fellow Walsh who was kind enough to let us crash at his place, and his chef roommate whipped a ridiculous duck cassoulet out of her back pocket. Seriously.

Now we're chilling at Charlie from Miniature Tigers' father's place near Phoenix (jesus that's an awkward sentence - AH, a parenthetical!). Tonight's the Crescent Ballroom and if the food there is half as good as everyone has been saying I'll be a very happy camper. Actually I'm already happy, so... hmm I'll have to think about that one.

Ok I lied; I forgot to work in a Harry Potter reference and don't feel like going back.

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSAAAAA -- god, I'm a nerd. SORRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment