DFW

"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier"

12 December 2011

Things that went through the brain today

8:35 AM: A woman believes her face is melting. No one seems to notice. She tries to shove her face in the freezer but it won't fit. Too much old meat and pizza. She goes to bed in the tub.

9:17 AM: Can anyone smell that?

9:21 AM: I don't really know anything about copyright law. Also, I don't care that much. A little. Not much.

10:41 AM: Every literary journal likes to "encourage you to buy a copy before you submit" but most won't pay you if your story is accepted. How about I encourage them to buy my story before reading it?

11:19 AM: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2:31 PM: New sandwich guy mumbled "fuck" or "damn" 8 times while making my chicken salad on marble rye.

3:04 PM: Read a story about a 6-foot frog who saves Tokyo from an earthquake.

3:22 PM:  Most times I go to the Huffington Post I feel disappointed. Not sure why. Some of the writing is just fine. Still, something about the site makes it feel like the big place for rich people to complain. The Onion, however, makes the blues go away.

4:47 PM: Remembering something overheard at lunch, spoken in what can only be described as a First Year Resident Voice: "Well if everyone can't see is anyone really actually blind? Like wouldn't the word "see" just take on a different meaning?" I scoffed at this like a true condescending people-watcher and thought "what a dumbfuck!"

4:49PM: Wait, first year resident guy kind of has an interesting point.



No comments:

Post a Comment